Higher Education and Vocational Skills
Edureach, the ICT and Vocational training arm of Educomp conducts employment linked vocational courses in partnership with government entities for the youth in the country. Educomp offers government authorized courses keeping in mind the needs of today's dynamic job market. These are Modular Employability Skill (MES) courses certified by the government approved agencies. The programs train youth to gear up for employment in both salaried jobs in the private sector and also in setting up self-employment ventures. Educomp is conducting training on mandated skill courses in association with departments of Urban and Rural development at national and state level in several states including Rajasthan, Bihar, Odisha, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
Key Focus Areas:
- Skill Development: Industry aligned and job oriented courses for students aspiring to get a stable job on completion of the training.
- Skill Up-gradation: Short term 2 to 6 month industry aligned courses aimed at enhancing the skills especially of poor youth and those looking to acquire additional skills necessary for the job market. These programs are aim at not only to enhance the value of the candidate in the job market but also to help a candidate find the right job.
- Placements: A dedicated placement cell with active tie-up's directly with Companies and also with Placement Agencies, helps the candidates to find employment by providing placement support as well as career counseling to eligible candidates.
- Curriculum mapped with MES guidelines
- Placement linked short term programmes
- Industry simulated training environment and infrastructure
- Qualified and experienced trainers
- Strong linkages with job market
- Continuous endeavors to improve the course design
Educomp launched a fresh initiative in Skill development business in 2014 with an aim to deliver quality training to youth in the age group 18-45 years. Primarily the offering incorporated training courses in four skill sectors including IT/ITES, Retail, BFSI and Automotive and subsequently moved on to Health and Construction covering a number of allied courses. So far Educomp has successfully bagged 9 projects from 5 states and also one from NSDC [through Automotive Sector Skill Council]. Having identified over 16 infra partners with training facilities available at over 16 locations, the first batch of Employability linked training commenced in Mahabubnagar district of Telangana state in March 2015 and subsequently at other locations in both within the state as well as in other states.
The first batch was trained on the course “Accounting with Finance using Tally”. The duration of the course was 3 months. The training concluded in June. Post training, as per mandate from the government, these trainees need to be assessed and certified by an agency appointed by MEPMA. The contract further requires Educomp to ensure that at least 50% of them have obtained employment.
Educomp Team not only concluded the training of first batch in June but also achieved placement for 91% of the trainees with reputed firms such as Reliance CDMA Center – Mahabubnagar, Shringar Fashion Jewelry Pvt. Ltd–Hyderabad, Maruti Service Suzuki – Mahabubnagar, Sree Veerabadhra Junior & degree College – Mahabubnagar, and Sree Sai UPADI Services – Mahabubnagar. The commendable work done by the team got endorsed by Mr. Janardhan Reddy, the Mission Director of MEPMA in a video conference held on 18th June 2015.
Educomp received the award for the Most Impactful PPP initiative in Skill Development at India Education Awards 10th June 2015. The award aimed to identify the company taking up of the cause of channelizing the execution of skill development to its optimum impact. The award was conferred by Mr. Pawan Kumar Agarwal, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.